Celebrating...
Four Years of Freedom

Dateline: 31 January 2017 a.d.



I stopped celebrating birthdays four years ago. Now I mark this last day of January as the anniversary of my deliverance from wage slavery, and my escape from prison. 

If you are not familiar with my story, I blogged the details last year At This Link.

On this fourth anniversary, I can report that I have no regrets at all about leaving the security of a government job and not getting the much-coveted pension that comes with 20+ years of government service. 

To be home, on my land, close to my family, with more available time to help my wife, my kids, and others in my community, is truly a dream come true. Yes, I would have liked to have this freedom, and a successful home mail-order business 43 years ago, when I first envisioned it, but good things, as the saying goes, take time.

I will return to the "regularly scheduled" blog programming here tomorrow. Stay tuned for "Building Our Upland Dream Home (Part 4)...

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am currently struggling with a similar decision. Do I leave a safe dependable pay check with good benefits to go out on my own? I have been there before and had a real financial struggle. I think I have learned a lot since then, but its difficult the make that move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't leave until my part-time business was generating more income than I was earning at the government job.

      Delete
  2. Inspiring reading! I have been fortunate enough to be able to work at home for nearly my entire adult life and I have spent a good chunk of that time exploring new opportunities in the pursuit of increasing my income. God has really been impressing on me lately that my life's purpose is not to see how big I can grow my online business, but instead how I can use my talents and resources to serve Him. So this post and your initial story were timely reading for me. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to break-away from the Manifesto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Sir! Well worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete